Sunday, September 5, 2010

Self taught AKA how I learn the hard way

I bought myself whole wheat flour. I did not go the smart route and get the whole wheat pastry flour, oh no, I got regular whole wheat flour.
I mixed it in a 2:1 ratio with left over white flour I had in the cupboard.
This was not the right ratio, as I found out when the biscuits I made turned out like rocks.
Okay, so they weren't rocks, they were somewhat edibile(with a ton of butter, which I guess cancels out the health benefits altogether) but Christopher wouldn't eat them, so of course most of them went bad.
Now, I am making it a point to do a bit of research before I go off trying new ingredients. It isn't going too badly, so far.
I'll try biscuits again and let you know the result.
As of right now I'm waiting on some slow cooked pork ribs in the oven, hopefully they turn out as good as usuall. See normally I use sauce, especially when baking ribs instead of grilling. Today I decided to try a dry rub and see what happens. So I dry rubbed the heck out of these puppies, poured some water in the bottom of the broiler pan and covered them in foil. If all goes well I will have pictures to add to this entry in a few short hours.
If not I'll blame the internet for giving me this haphazard idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment